Post #1

I am Ms. Greene, grade 7 English teacher in Marshfield, Massachusetts.  I am so excited to announce our new weblog, Furnace Brook Bloggers. Beginning in the fall, our blog will serve to both showcase the learning stories of our class and as an authentic publishing site, providing students with a place to showcase their work, sharing their written voices with other students from across the country, and the world.  By documenting student learning and giving and receiving feedback from other students, we hope to inspire others, while growing as individual students of reading and writing.

25 thoughts on “Post #1

• I’m very excited to have a cluster blog to post on, I think that it’s a very cool idea to be able to blog with each other. I have never used a blog before so I’m happy to start, I like that you can showcase some of your work. I’m excited to start blogging!

• Hi Chloe, glad you are excited for our cluster blog. Truthfully, I have never used a blog before either, so we’ll be learning all about it together!

1. I am excited to be able for everyone to express their feelings on the blog. Its a way for us to get feedback that we otherwise would not have known. I think that this is a very good idea to make a furnace brook middle School blog page. And I look forward to using it in the future. Also I was wondering if we would have the choice to post short stories or anything related to writing on this page? Just curious.

• Hi Patrick, thanks for your comment and really happy to hear you like the idea of a class blog! I hope it’s helpful and to answer your question, yes, you will have the chance to post short stories or anything you’re interested in on your own blog. After we get the hang of our class blog, everyone will have the chance to create their own blogs and you will have a space to write what you want. Looking forward to it!

2. I’m Emma Conn and I think this is a really cool website to go on and I love how people all around the world can see it. Now my parents can see what we are learning in English class! I’ve never used a blog before and I think it would be really cool to start. When will we be able to post on our blog? Also will be able to post on our blog whenever we want? I can’t waint to learn more about bogging!

3. I think starting a blog is a great idea and I think that it is going to be a fun way to share our ideas to other people. I also find it very cool that other people around the world can view are blog. Since alot of people will start blogs there will be alot of people with different opinions. Lastly it is a great way for people/parents to get to know about the stuff we are learning about.

4. i like your website. i think it is a good idea to have people around the world to see our writing. i like that our parents can see what we are doing in english this year. when do we star posting?

5. I like the idea of having a class blog because it would be a good place to share your thoughts on certain topics. And you could also share your thoughts on lots of different things.

• Hi Michael, thanks for your comment and really glad you like the idea of having a class blog! What do you mean by “certain topics” and “different things”?
      P.S. In case anybody is wondering, the punctuation mark goes outside the quotation marks here because they are not used for dialogue in this case.

6. I think having a blog is a very good idea. It gives students a place to showcase their work and to get feedback. it’s cool that people across the country can see the blog. Also it’s good that our parents can see what we are doing in English this year.

7. I think it is a very good idea to have a blog. Its a good way for students to showcase their work and get feedback from other students. It’s also cool that people across the country can see the blog. It is also a good place for our parents to see what we are doing in English this year.

• Hi John, thanks for your comment and glad you like the idea of blogging. You forgot to list your last name, by the way (I got it from your email address).

8. I think this is an awesome idea to start blogging! And I think it is cool that people around the world can see what we are doing! I also think it is an awesome idea because our parents can see it, and learn about it too! I can’t wait to start to doing it in class and learning more about it.

• Hi Gracie, thanks for your comment. I’m super glad you like the idea of blogging and looking forward to having a lot of fun with it!

9. Thank you for the post. I really like the way you were able to explain what this blog is about and what we will do on it without the need to read a bunch of pages worth of writing. Just in case you weren’t aware of this feature, you can also reply to other peoples comments. A connection that I can make is that this website is kind of like other websites that I have used before such as Instagram or Reddit. Also, I have one question. What is your favorite part about this website?

• Hi Brady, thanks for your comment and your compliment. Your comment is super detailed and absolutely perfect! And thanks for letting me know that other people can reply to other people’s posts. I didn’t realize that. By the way, what’s Reddit? To answer your question… I think my favorite part of this website is that it allows you guys to share your writing with other people. I also love the idea of sharing the cool things we’re doing in class with other classes/people. Great question.

10. I like the idea of having a blog to help connect everyone and how we have pretty much a virtual library to choose books from. Also I was wondering if we could introduce people from out of this cluster to the blog. Lastly, when will we start posting?

• Hi Charlie, thanks for your comment. Glad you like the idea of a blog! Sure, you can definitely share our blog with kids outside our cluster. Great question.

11. I love this blogging website. I think it’s good to see other people’s opinions on a topic! We can write anything we want as long as it stays on topic. I think this is coolest website and really look forward to using it in and out of class. My question is when will we be writing on the blog again?

• Hi Therese, thanks for your comment. It’s great to know you like the idea of having a blog – one for class and one just for you in English. I also loved you ended with a question! We’ll be working on our blog again as a class next week, but you can post comments, or just play around with the website whenever you want. Looking forward to a great year.

12. Just a little late. I think it is great to have a cluster blog it is cool to share your idea’s and stuff like that on this to get the students intrested.

13. I am just a bit late. I think the blog is a great idea for everybody in the cluster can see. It is a great idea to do this to make the other students from home to interact with each other.